Do you have a toothache? If so, do you know how to treat it properly? If not, you are not alone. Thousands of people struggle with toothaches that can strike at any moment and leave a throbbing or aching pain in their jaw.
Our dentist, Dr. Toni Sartini, is excited to help you with your toothaches. Additionally, our team at Toni Sartini in Palmyra, Indiana, is sharing a list of common tips on how to treat toothaches for your needs.
Here is a list of tips on how to treat your toothaches properly:
– Over-the-counter medicines can help with toothaches and reduce pain to make tolerable until you can see your dentist.
– Rinse your mouth thoroughly to wash away bacteria from your teeth and mouth.
– Clean your mouth and teeth cautiously to clear bacteria that could make it worse and being the healing process for your teeth.
– Evade any hard or tough to chew foods, so you do not make a toothache worse or put your teeth at risk.
– Ice packs are ideal because they can help dull the pain and reduce swelling for a time.
– Floss your teeth carefully in case a seed or food particle is causing the issue between your teeth or along your gumline.
– Call your dental team and make an appointment, so your dentist can see why you are in pain and help the problem.
As you can see, there are multiple things you can do to help your toothaches. If you have any questions, or if you need help with a stubborn toothache, please call us today at 812-364-4183 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to work with you and help you.